Disabled 2FA? Turn it on now
Two-factor authentication will become mandatory for all already registered users of KickEX exchange.
Why do you need two-factor authentication?
Caring about security of traders and their funds on KickEX exchange is the primary task of our team. In 2021, the hacking of crypto exchanges around the world became very frequent, and now databases with stolen passwords are spreading more and more across the network. Fraudsters gain access to personal information of users and then steal their funds.
Two-factor authentication is a must-have 21st century security measure especially for anyone who uses financial services. 2FA is an additional layer of protection for your account, which ensures that only you can access your account, even if someone else knows your password.
Thus, if an attacker obtains your username and password from a database stolen from somewhere, he will not be able to access your account and use your funds. That is why mandatory two-factor authentication for all already registered users will work on KickEX exchange.
How will KickEX additionally secure exchange users?
Due to the fact that some users of KickEX exchange do not use two-factor authentication, which puts their accounts at risk, we decided to make two-factor authentication mandatory for all already registered users.
It means that:
- For users who have not connected 2FA and will not do it themselves by April 8 at 4PM (CET+1), 2FA will automatically connect using one-time codes by email;
- Users who have 2FA connected using one-time codes by email or Google Authenticator will not face any changes.
What 2FA methods are available on KickEX?
We recommend using this method as it provides the best security for your funds. When using it, the generation of API keys is available.
This method is less reliable, and it also does not provide API keys.
At the moment, 2 more additional ways to protect user accounts of the KickEX exchange are under development and will be added later.
The security of your accounts on KickEX exchange is very important to us — be sure to get additional protection with two-factor authentication!
We strongly recommend that you check for yourself and make sure your passwords are strong and follow the security recommendations below to ensure maximum protection of your account and your funds.
Security recommendations for your passwords:
- Enable two-factor authentication in the “Security” section;
- Choose different passwords for each service (one for mail, another for the exchange);
- Use only strong and complex passwords;
- Keep passwords in a secure place;
- Do NOT use password autosave option in the browser;
- Do not create hints for your passwords;
- Do not send passwords to yourself by email;
- Check whether your data has ever been leaked here;
- Beware of phishing links and malware;
- Think about your phone security (use pin-code and biometric authentication);
- Install antivirus software.
If you have any difficulties, write to our support: email@example.com
Caring about security,