Kick Ecosystem Recap — Issue 14
A much anticipated Dev Diary #14 is out! KickEX beta-testing reviews, bug fixes, KickRef tops over 360k registrations and more!
The first Thursday after the holidays is a perfect mid-week opportunity for releasing our very own Dev Diaries #14!
First things first. KickEX cryptocurrency exchange beta-testing is in full progress! The already reviews have been rather positive and we want to thank the testers for being such a dedicated community and helping us by providing feedback and reporting issues within the exchange. Kick Team appreciates this to no end and encourage you to continue voicing your thoughts to us.
If you didn’t yet know — you can also take part in KickEX beta-testing right now! Sign up HERE to receive your personal invitation!
- Sign up on alpha.kickex.com
- Confirm your email address
- Complete the KYC verification
- Receive the test funds for trading and start exploring!
Note: since KickEX is still in its beta-testing, not all features of the exchange might work. We suggest that you test the trading terminal (the “Trade” section), place orders, learn how to set up trailing orders with the help of an assistant. You can also see open orders, the history of all orders and transactions in the “Orders” section and your balance in the “Funds” section;
In addition, KickRef has achieved over 360,000 registrations and seems more like a rocket. An active member of KickRef will have all the benefits KickEX has to offer! Do not wait until the last minute!
KickEX is a robust, centralized exchange, encompassing all the expertise that we’ve gained over the years from preparing and running KickICO as well as a range of innovations in Kick Ecosystem to create a next-generation exchange.
‣ #CORE Implemented automatic calculation and application of discounts to trading tariffs;
‣ #CORE Deployed all new changes (including cold data storage) to the beta version of the system;
‣ #CORE Added close monitoring of the accounting core at the DBMS level;
‣ #CORE Implemented a mechanism for updating the accounting core without a system downtime;
‣ #CORE Implemented the functionality for operating your “favourite” trading pair;
‣ #FRONTEND Implemented the functionality of the FUNDS section;
‣ #FRONTEND Implemented a dark interface theme;
‣ #FRONTEND Implemented a chart to display the “Market Depth”;
Features in progress:
‣ #CORE Implementing support for multiple API gateways;
‣ #CORE Adding application metrics to the accounting core;
‣ #CORE Localization of customer’s error messages;
‣ #CORE Developing the logic accounting for the deposit/withdrawal of funds;
‣ #FRONTEND Testing and bug fixing;
KickMessenger is a service operating on the platform, allowing all members to communicate with each other. The initial launch of messenger will enable users of KickRef referral program to send direct messages to their first level referrals.
‣ #BACKEND User authentication through the KickID service;
‣ #BACKEND Ability to retrieve user information from information stored in the KickID service;
‣ #BACKEND Creation of a personal chat;
‣ #BACKEND Implemented the protocol of interaction with frontend;
‣ #BACKEND Implemented the mechanism for paginating chat message history;
‣ #BACKEND Implemented a mechanism for pagination of user chats;
‣ #BACKEND Implementation of the chat history between users;
‣ #BACKEND Implementation of the mechanism for operating with unread messages;
‣ #BACKEND Implementation of the process of operating with user chats;
‣ #BACKEND Completion of the mechanism for displaying user chats, allowing to display chats that have been left behind;
‣ #BACKEND Refined mechanism of the messages history, which allows viewing of the messages for the time user was not present in the group chat;
‣ #BACKEND Implemented the mechanism for invalid sessions;
‣ #BACKEND Updating counters of unread messages of chat participants when a new message arrives in the chat;
‣ #BACKEND Display of the latest messages in recent chats;
‣ #FRONTEND Implementing the possibility to send messages and get authorized in the service;
KickWallet is a standalone cryptocurrency wallet that supports every currency in the Kick Ecosystem and seamlessly integrates with every Kick service.
‣ #API Receiving data from the service about frozen and not frozen KickTokens;
‣ #FRONTEND Implementation displaying the information about frozen and not frozen KickTokens in the service;
‣ #BACKEND Implementation of the service for receiving data from Ethereum database for receiving information about frozen and not frozen KickTokens;
‣ #BACKEND Implementation of the service for obtaining data about the frozen and not frozen KickTokens from the Ethereum database;
‣ #BACKEND Finalizing the wallet service to provide further security for storing cryptocurrencies;
KickRef is a referral program, which is a type of multi-level marketing, allowing any member of Kick Ecosystem to create a referral link and to establish own network. That is a ready tool to start earning from the beneficial program of KickEX exchange and make an additional passive income.
‣ #BACKEND Performed the separation of front-end and back-end repositories to optimize the operation of the referral dashboard in order to upgrade the system to the SaaS solution;
‣ #BACKEND Implemented the chat features with 1-st level referrals using the KickMessenger service;
‣ #FRONTEND The “referral graph” has been updated to meet the new conditions of KickRef;
‣ #FRONTEND The “referral graph” has been updated for the bonus rewards for invited users;
‣ #FRONTEND Implemented the layout of a new landing page for marketing activities;
‣ #BACKEND Re-created the logic for sending system notifications to users;
‣ #BACKEND Increased the received rewards for all users of the referral system for registration and for invited referrals;
‣ #BACKEND Implementing the rating system of all participants of the referral program;
‣ #BACKEND Implementing the progress graph for user registration in the referral program on the main landing page;
KICKNOTIFY is a service of informing the users about the events or user actions that have occurred on the platform services.
‣ #BACKEND Testing and bug fixing;
‣ #BACKEND Interacting with the KickMessenger service to send notifications to users when they receive messages;
‣ #QA Testing and bug fixing.
KickID will make using our products simple and easy for all our users. As soon as your log in to one platform in the network, you automatically log in to all platforms for a seamless experience. For maximum usability and reach, KickID will support email login, Facebook login, and Gmail login.
‣ #CORE Testing and error fixing;
‣ #CORE User authorization when he/she confirms the email via a link;
‣ #CORE Invalidation of old links for changing a password when creating a new link;
‣ #CORE Invalidation of the old links to change the password when creating a new link.
‣ #CORE Improved the process of uploading information on registered users to Google Analytics.
‣ #CORE Development of the system logic when choosing a language;
‣ #FRONTEND Code optimization;
‣ #CORE Testing and error fixing;
‣ #FRONTEND Finalizing the registration page; so a user can choose the country of residence;
‣ #FRONTEND Completing the user profile page so that one can select its country of residence and the preferred language.
‣#KickEX Made significant improvements to the continuous delivery process. Cold data storage has been implemented and successfully integrated with all exchange subsystems;
‣ #Blockchain Updated the nodes of ETH and BTC to the newest versions;
‣ #KickRef / #Messenger Prepared the testing/development stands for KickMessenger back- and front end. The necessary applications are configured;
‣ #KickWalletFrozen CI / CD and test stands for Frozen KICK Wallet.
Features in progress:
‣ #Messenger Carrying out load testing, preparation of the final stand;
‣ #Infra Configuring network and server infrastructure to run the exchange. Monitoring the basic parameters of hardware performance;
‣ #KickEX Standardization of logs of KickEX’s subsystems; Setting up reacting terms to business metrics, logs;
‣ #Blockchain Transfer of main net cryptocurrency nodes to the current infrastructure;
‣ #Infra Mass events to increase the stability of the infrastructure.
‣ #Infra Transfer of KickICO, Whirl and their subsystems to the current infrastructure to increase resilience and facilitate the support;
‣ #KickEx Preparing KickEX open-beta testing
That’s it for this week, and we hope you survive the usual dev information overload! Have a good week!
Any questions? Welcome to