KICK v8 Token Swap: what KICK holders need to know
Dear Kick community! We remind you that on Thursday, July 1, at 9 AM UTC (12:00 Moscow time), the KICK v8 token swap will take place. The old smart contract will be replaced with a new one. All transactions of the old token will be stopped forever. The swap will affect absolutely all user tokens, including those stored on cold wallets such as Trezor, Ledger, Metamask, MyEtherWallet, and others.
What you need to know about the KICK v8 swap for users of Trezor and MyEtherWallet cold wallets and others:
- At least $20 worth of KICK tokens should be stored on your balance at the time of the address snapshot, which will take place on July 1, 2021. Otherwise, new KICK v8 tokens will not be credited.
- At the time of the swap and a few hours after the swap, the wallet balance may not be displayed correctly. The same applies to the catalogs of Coinmarketcap, Coingecko, Etherscan explorers, and so on. It may take several days to update the data in them.
- The distribution of new KICK v8 tokens will be carried out in the ratio of 1:100 (one new KICK v8 token for every 100 old-style tokens). Therefore, after the swap, the number of tokens on the balance will change, this is normal.
- For KICK tokens that are not stored on KickEX exchange at the time of the swap, the distribution can take several hours, or stretch for several days or even weeks, if the cost of gas in the Ethereum blockchain is high. Thus, users who hold KICK not on KickEX exchange for more than $100 will gradually receive new tokens.
- Since the KICK v8 token contract will be new, it may be necessary to add a new KICK v8 to some wallets (for example, MEW) for the first time manually, by adding the address of the token smart contract.
- Coinbase-swap is not supported. Use KickEX or any cold wallet. We recommend using it for the duration of the swap Myetherwallet.com.
More information is available here.
Everyone who holds KICK tokens on KickEX will receive new tokens automatically, regardless of the dollar equivalent.
STEX exchange has confirmed that it will support the swap of KICK token on KICK v8. However, if your KICK amount is less than $20, you may not receive new KICK v8 tokens.
HitBTC exchange cannot support the swap yet due to technical difficulties and contract complexity. All users need to withdraw KICK tokens from HitBTC immediately. For those who fail to do so, there will be an opportunity to provide us with proof of ownership of KICK tokens on HitBTC within a month and receive new tokens. Those who don’t do so within a month will lose an opportunity to receive new KICK tokens.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact our support service: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to be the first to know about new listings, updates, tournaments and promotions, then join our social media groups: