The eSports industry is booming — we can see it on the example of Play2Live, a blockchain-based streaming platform for gamers, which has already collected more than $18M so far during the pre-sale. It has been a great success and we are glad to see their campaign launched at KICKICO, which shall bring them closer to the hard cap ($30M).
For those of you who are not familiar with a project, here are a few facts about Play2Live:
· It creates an economy of the streaming platform based on the revenue sharing model — a new level of interaction as well as monetization schemes are available for viewers, streamers, and tournament organizers.
· For example, streamers can monetize their content in 11 ways versus 4–5 on the existing streaming platforms. Whereas viewers can monetize their content in 5 ways — compared to zero elsewhere in the eSports video streaming industry.
· Users can enjoy such features as a system of interactive tasks during a stream (between the viewers and a streamer), betting and gambling services, enhanced communication in the chat, content crowdfunding system, and many others!
· Level Up Coin (LUC) is the only means of payment within the platform. Revenue sharing model is used to split income between users and the platform.
· By default, the platform is ad-free. Users can enable it at their own direction and earn tokens.
· Viewers can earn tokens just by watching streams by sharing their internet bandwidth via peer-to-peer CDN technology.
· Play2Live has already rolled out an MVP of their platform (blockchain testnet, streaming core, totalizator during tournaments and other features are already available).
Amazing, isn’t it? These 15 features might be what existing streaming platforms are missing, and Play2Live is here to close these gaps. Interactivity coupled with a new approach to monetizing gaming passion is what many gamers will enjoy and support.
Play2Live has a very professional team onboard — it is run by trailblazers of gaming and eSports industries in CIS as well as prominent tech folks with high-grade projects in their portfolio.
Recently the company has announced a first eSports tournament with the main prize nominated in tokens (LUCs). The tournament in CS:GO will be held on February 24–25th, 2018, on Falcon Arena, where 8 international top teams (7 invited and 1 from the open qualifiers) will compete for the main prize — $100,000 in LUC (Level Up Coin) tokens. All eSports and crypto enthusiasts are welcome!
Your support to the project via KICKICO will be rewarded with a 5% bonus to your contributions in ETH and a 10% bonus for pledges in KickCoin.